Honestly, I hate Thursdays. I have classes and meetings all day long and by the time I'm done I'm wiped out and HUNGRY. Begged Deanna to eat with me after class and I was spotted by two crew teammates along the way, so it was a nice dinner. Miss crew...don't miss crew. It really is a draw. I don't miss getting up at 4am every weekday, erging every afternoon, fundraising, and COLD COLD mornings. Things I do miss...the team. The race. You know, I've always said that I don't like competition and never liked races but that, I've found out, is a lie. I love that competition. Running or rowing, I loved every minute of the race, no matter how much it hurt to keep going.
That's the thing with races. You never actually stop. I couldn't even tell you how many times I've THOUGHT about stopping but there was always a voice that said, "forget that, push harder." Anyone who has been in that position before would know exactly what I'm talking about. fantastic.
I've got my Disney interview tomorrow. I've thought about it though, and I'm not sure that it is the right time to do this. I'm still trying to get my grades up, and I think I'm just starting to get settled here. But I'm curious about the program so I'll still give it a shot and see where it goes. I got this far, right?
I've started to go back to origami again. I did it quite a bit a few years ago, we even decorated the Christmas tree with all things origami, popcorn and cranberries. It looked beautiful. So I'm going back to it. I have one design down flat, no directions. It's called a "Stellated Octahedron." Here's a picture of two that I made today:
They are like circles with points on them, but you can kinda get the picture.
Shout out to my sister Laur on one of the greatest Halloween costumes!! Have any of you seen Miranda Sings on YouTube? I didn't think it was funny at first but if you keep watching you will be laughing hysterically soon enough. Anywhoooo, that's who she went to school as so I have a picture for you from that too:
She can act EXACTLY like her too. It is literally hilarious. and the resemblance is uncanny. I love it.
I found out something about myself today. I need to do something creative everyday so that I don't actually go crazy. I was thinking about it, and whenever I'm home, I go to the piano when I'm feeling stressed out. So I think that I need to do something like that everyday for just a little while. I think that everybody should have something like that to do too. Just something that you love and helps you to relax. I think that people can forget to relax so quickly and just get caught up in the rush of everything around them. But it's really good just to take a moment.
Anyways, I've been in a country mood today, so here's a little Garth Brooks for you to enjoy:
Time for ice cream.
So, That's Life.

No comments:
Post a Comment