We've got a four day weekend coming up here at TCNJ, and it could not come sooner. Seriously, longest week of my life. I can't wait for Point Pleasant food, the beach, movies, ice cream, and a lot of painting and art. Be ready. I've got some great ideas planned. I just love it so much. I've been listening to the same songs lately. Nashville soundtrack and The Eagles. The Eagles remind me of my dad so much. So it makes me happy and sad at the same time. It's really hard to explain. It makes you want to just go back. It's strange how many things you lose when something like that happens. And I just don't think that people understand that. I'm listening to this song right now:
It's nice. Music is just so....brilliant. It brings so many things. So many memories, it creates new ones, it makes you think about things. I actually have a music poster in my room. Love posters.
Yesterday I got one of the greatest surprises ever. I was complaining to Deanna that I was hungry and wanted to go eat and she kept pushing it back saying we'd go after she was done with her homework. So, after complaining a bit, I started reading and got really tired. Little did I know, Deanna and Aly were texting each other planning for her to come stay over tonight. So as I was sleeping, I was woken up by Aly calling me. I answered, tired and confused to her saying, "can you do me a favor? come outside?" Well, that woke me up. I wasn't having a great day yesterday and could not have been happier to see her then. So, she slept over and hung around today. Then part of the Brain Trust crew got dinner together, along with Dan and Deanna. (Hiiiiiiii Carl, this is for you!!) And we had a great dinner.
So, after dinner Aly left, told her I'd see her tomorrow, and back in my bed. Just one more class, go for a run, eat, clean the room, and home tomorrow night. Other than that, nothing else has really been going on. Just going through, day by day, and taking each step at a time. There's a really corny saying that I like:
"When you don't want to look at the past, and you're afraid to look at the future, look next to you and your best friends will be standing there."
I know that whether they are right here, or just a text message away, that they always will be. And that's nice to know. I don't know, this has been all over the place hasn't it....
Well, drawings and paintings to come, weekend is on its way, and well...
That's Life.
No comments:
Post a Comment