Sooooo, my days have been no more exciting than usual. I went home this past weekend and met two of Aly's friends from school and we just laughed and laughed. It reminded me of when Deanna came to visit and saw Ally and Aly and we were in the diner and didn't stop laughing either. ya had to be there. Anyways, they were really really nice and I liked them a lot. I like to meet new people, especially when you hang out for a while and you just feel comfortable. It's kind of different. There's something unique in genuine laughter. Not nervous laughter, not pretend laughter, but real happy laughter. It's contagious.
I'm going home again this weekend(I know, I go home a lot right?) but this time I'm going to see Laur in a play called the 12 Angry Jurors. I'm excited about it, I always love going to see plays and musicals.
So I've been thinking a lot about wishes lately. Hope. Wishes. Dreams. To me they are all the same. And I am just full of them. And that's okay, because I like dreaming and I like having something to hope for, even if it is ridiculous sometimes. I think that if you don't have any wishes you might as well not have any imagination either, because sometimes creating something crazy may just come true. I mean, that's how Walt Disney World started. That's how Harry Potter started. The Hunger Games, Alice in Wonderland...I really could keep going. And look at what people have done with those dreams. Made them real. I know sometimes I lose myself in a wish and that is not a great thing, but sometimes it is just that wish that puts a smile on my face that same day. Imagination and wishes are timeless. It's like being a kid again. Why force yourself to grow up? Be silly, be goofy, be crazy, laugh, smile, hug someone. Because you should do whatever makes you happy. What's so fantastic about reality anyways?
Some people can't wait to grow up. They can't wait to get a job and have a new life and start in an apartment in the city. But I can. I remember standing on the beach one day when I was younger, about 10 or 11 and just thinking that life for me was so...simple in that moment. I lived at the beach. I woke up, went to junior guards, spent the entire day at the beach, and went home and did whatever I pleased. It was easy. And now, my life is do this assignment and that assignment, think about this, worry about that. When did life become so much more...complicated? And don't worry about me, I know that we need to grow up, focus on school, get good grades, stay on top of my work. But there will always be that part of me that just wants to be that kid on the beach again. The sun on my skin, the salty air on my face, and a boogie board in my hand. The summer when I was ten.
I've only got this for you today:
A picture of TCNJ that I took today.
And a bunch of song lyrics, working on my word art. Inspired by Carrie Underwood (if you can spot some lyrics in there)
And here are some more quotes, just to be inspired by:
Hopes. Dreams. Wishes.
That's Life.




.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment