Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Follow Your Arrow.

Okay, I have a new obsession in country music. Kacey Musgraves. Yes, it is the girl who performed at the Grammy's, and her album is AMAZING. I'm completely obsessed and I listen to it nonstop. She's amazing. I mean, this girl speaks the truth.

So, speaking of Kacey Musgraves, one of her songs, Follow Your Arrow describes exactly how my week has been. When I first decided that I wanted to join a sorority every person that I told said "oh my god you're the last person I would expect that would do that," or "why would you do that?" or something of that sort. Now that I said that I didn't want to join one anymore the popular response is "why not just give it a shot," or "at least go and meet the girls and then decide, you're missing out on something so big." Hmmmm. Well, as the song would go,

"You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't so you might as well just do whatever you want."

And you know what, my arrow doesn't point to a sorority. It points somewhere else. You know I'm not quite sure where it's pointing to...but I've made my decision. And if you want to tell me that it's something so much bigger than myself and all of the amazing people that I meet, I will listen to you patiently without interruption. But I have met so many people doing what I truly love to do. I've met people in cross country and swimming and crew and classes and group and countless other places as well. I look forward to traveling and meeting so many other people and doing so many other things and although joining a sorority might be in so many other paths, I've decided that it is not in mine. 

Well, that felt really good. 

So I read an article online about how P!nk should be every girls role model, and she is one of mine now after reading it (after Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Watson of course...) 


Accompanied by an inspirational picture:


In other news....

I accidentally popped my shoulder out of it's socket by lifting a 12 - pound weight over my head while I was in the gym today....yes, yes I do realize that is pathetic...

I've gotten really into watercolors with pen and ink, seriously amazing. Pics to come.

I love surprising people. :) <3

Nashville was great as usual.

I eat lots of ice cream and I have no shame.

FlappyBird is ridiculous, addicting, frustrating, and I could barely put it down to write this. Get it. My record is 12, Laura's is 33. Mission accepted.

Beyonce is worth $350 million dollars.

And seriously...listen to Kacey Musgraves. serious.


Follow Your Arrow.

That's Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment