Saturday, January 18, 2014

Catch Up Post.

I can't believe that I haven't posted anything since Thanksgiving. THANKGIVING people!!! I apologize to those of you who may follow my blog, and I am going to try to post more often now. So I don't really want to bore you with the details of my winter break. I went to Florida to visit my grandparents, which was really fun! And then when Laura and I came back we went to see Annie on Broadway(with our cousin, or uncle...?..as Daddy Warbucks!), went to visit our cousins, and then I went to go see more adorable cousins and visit Rachel at school. After all that, I basically collapsed on the couch and didn't want to move anymore. So, with school in just a few days the textbooks have arrived, the school supplies have been purchased and it's time to get it together.

Over the past few days, I've really had quite a bit of time on my hands now that all of my friends are back at school. With this time I've been painting, dancing around the house, playing piano, packing things back up, and watching absurd amounts of Gossip Girl. I've been thinking about a lot too. Mostly about my dad, but also college, and sororities, and just everything. I'm pretty sure that I am not going to join a sorority. No specific reason except that I need to focus on my grades and doing just that during the past semester has been hard enough. It also just doesn't seem like...me. Although I have been on and off about it since break started...I just have to make a decision I guess.

So, a new year means a bunch of new resolutions. I've never been fantastic at keeping resolutions but I've made a few of them. The usual lose weight, go to the gym more, read more, get great grades, don't procrastinate my homework, eat healthy and all of that. But while I was making those resolutions, I had a thought about who I was right in that moment. I looked back at where I was last year and thought that I didn't need any resolutions to be where I am today, so why make more to tack up on the wall and look at everyday? I'll get where I need to be whether I have resolutions or not. So, as of right now I have decided to not put myself up to those resolutions and just live everyday as I want to, and for me, that should be enough.

Sorry that I don't have any pictures or songs up today, this post has been all over the place. Well, only one more day before I go back to school.


That's Life.




No comments:

Post a Comment