Monday, January 27, 2014

Invisible.

What a horrible day. First, I went to the gym. The gym wasn't bad, but I cannot run until I get an MRI. This is because I may have torn a ligament in my hip and it could require surgery to fix. This is because ligaments do not get enough blood flow to heal themselves like other muscles can. But I won't know until I get an MRI and I won't get one until the semester is over. So it's the elliptical and bike for me until then. It's strange that you could absolutely not want to do something(like run) until someone tells you "you cannot run." Then, all of a sudden it's the only thing that you want to do. C'est la vie.

Then I had class, which again wasn't horrible, just horribly boring. I guess that's what I get for reading ahead and coming to class prepared. LOL.

So I get back to my room and finish up my homework, waiting for Deanna and Dan to get back. Only to find out that I can't be seen with, talk to, or eat with her for THREE WEEKS because I'm a "potential new member" for sorority recruitment. It doesn't even matter if I'm not planning on rushing. Which is complete BS. She's my roommate for crying out loud!!!! That just got me so upset today. It's completely ridiculous and I don't understand the concept at all. These girls have to ignore you, and they won't talk to you or even say HELLO and then they expect you to want to be a "sister" to their sorority and do everything they tell you to do, make all of these crafts for them, and practically be a slave until you are in. It's actually absurd. Sorry to all of my friends in a sorority, not bashing you, but this is just insane, like I really need to feel like my friends don't want to talk to me. It makes you feel so invisible.

So, after asking several people if they had eaten (which all of them had...) I ventured to get some food on my own. But you know what they say, every cloud has a silver lining, and I found two of my crew teammates and caught up with them, and I didn't end up eating dinner alone. And there were Lucky Charms. :)


And so, after a hard day that makes me just want to cry, listening to country songs always makes me feel better.

My favorite line is "There's so much more to this life than you're feeling now."

And this song reminds me that we all have "a life that's good" if we can all find that silver lining.


That's Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment