Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Make Your Own Happy.

Well, this was the last day that I was 19 years old. Even though I have Wednesdays off to begin with, we had the day off from school because of ice and really bad weather...but tomorrow is my birthday!!!!!! I'm kind of scared for this one actually. Of course, I'm bringing in the day while watching Friends. favorite. I haven't got too much planned, except that my mom and sister are supposed to come on Sunday to go to a movie and lunch, and I'm really excited about that. Other than that, I'll see how the day goes.

Other than that, we are in the middle of week two where every girl in a sorority cannot talk to me, look at me, even say hello. I'm not kidding either, I say hi to them and they just stare at me. It's...what's that word, the one that there are entire movements dedicated to stop it...oh yeah, bullying. This is legitimate bullying and I'm just about sick of it. You would think after seeing all of the news about kids who are bullied and tortured in schools that people would have enough sense to make a stand against it. So, ya know what, I'm going to take a stand. I don't care who I have to talk to or what I have to do but this will not happen again next year. What surprises me the most is that kids just say "oh yeah, it happens every year." And they just put up with it! These three weeks are termed "disaffiliation" by the panhellenic council(the greek life rulers). And I was thinking about the term and it is actually ridiculous. Instead of isolating the girls who aren't in a sorority the girls should instead "disaffiliate" themselves from the sorority they are in. Remove all letters from campus and have three greek - free weeks. Now, before all of you start a riot on me, I'm just saying, imagine that you are ignored for three weeks. You eat by yourself or pretend like you don't even know your friends...wouldn't feel so good now would it? No, I didn't think so. So why on Earth are we even putting ourselves through this?

Here comes another branch of the rant. Why put yourself through something that would make you, or someone that you care about, feel so awful? Why can't we just do what makes us happy, what puts a smile on someone's face, or a happy, grateful tear in their eye. I just don't understand why some people can be so selfish, or so mean in the first place. Just love where you are in this moment. And if you don't? You have the power to change it.

Well...this certainly took a turn on the unexpected rant side...

So on that note, and in the spirit of Nashville being on tonight:


A repeat but it's amazing.


A happy picture:

andddddd OLYMPICS TOMORROW!!! USA USA USA

I've got loads more to talk about, but that's for tomorrow. Until we meet again.

That's Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment