Friday, March 7, 2014

Participate.

Hellooooo! Sorry that I haven't posted anything in a month but I've been so busy participating. On the weekend of my birthday one of my friends from one of my first classes freshman year convinced me to go out with her and a bunch of friends. Ironically, this was the weekend that formal recruitment started and I still wasn't sure if I made the right decision to not join a sorority. Well, thanks to that night I've made some awesome new friends, I have a gym buddy now that motivates me to go to the gym everyday, and I haven't laughed as much as I have these past two weeks in a while. Along with all of that, we just got housing for next year and I'm in a townhouse with all of these great people and  we know every person on all three floors of the building. Next year is going to be epic and I am SO excited. #themagictownhouseisreal

So, you know how my last post was about making your own happy? Well, since then I have been thinking about that, and I don't think that you can do that all on your own. I think that you always need a little help, whether your friends are sitting with you at the table making you laugh so hard until you cry, or if you know that they are just a phone call away. But either way, you can't be all alone all of the time. Last semester I focused on school work and got good grades, but I didn't do much else. But already this semester I've started to break out of that cycle, and it's been fantastic. I feel so much better. I feel like I belong somewhere concrete now, not just "at school."

Well, anyways, how many of you watched the Olympics?? I think I'm going through withdrawal from not having them on every night but it's gotten me so excited for my snowboarding trip this weekendddddd. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! AND. Laura's coming this time. We gonna have funnn. I will try not to fall on my head so much but I'm determined to land a jump this time, and I will get it on video. :{D

Other than that, I have an MRI sometime over spring break to check on my hip to see what's going on with that, my french teacher told me that my accent is getting very good, I got most of my homework for the break done so I don't have to worry about it, and I don't have so much of a grudge towards sororities. I don't hate them, but I'm just glad that I didn't join one.

I started to reread Divergent before I lent it to someone to read so we could go see the movie together, but while I was reading the first couple of chapters, I started to think of a list of all of the qualities that I hope to have someday. Here it goes:

1. Selflessness.
2. Have courage.
3. Listen with the intent to understand, not to reply.
4. Always be kind.
5. Give everyone an equal chance.
6. Be silly.
7. Be grateful.
8. Have confidence.

On that note, I found this great video on YouTube the other day, and I highly recommend that you watch it:


SPRING BREAK WOOOOO!!

So,

That's Life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment