Well, well, well. Hi. So this is my first blog ever. I was inspired by some really great people to start one so...here we are. I think what I'll talk about is just life in general, hence the name "That's Life." It's funny, I had a really hard time trying to figure out a name. It's like I was making the biggest decision ever and if you know me, I'm the worst at making decisions...Anyways, let's get on with it.
So I've officially been back at school for a month. Sophomore year. oh. boy. It's been so much better than last year. When people tell me about school, freshman year was always the best. Not for me, last year was rough. I decided to join the crew team...mistake. I loved it, don't get me wrong, but I've got three words for you: four. am. practices. So after taking a beating with my school work and almost failing out of school(I exaggerate, but still!) I decided enough was enough. Made some changes. Went from mechanical engineering major to computer science, quit crew and never looked back. Best choices ever.
So here I am now, loving every minute. I'm so much happier. I've decided that I want to join a sorority. I've been to four interest sessions so far: Delta Zeta, Kappa Delta, Zeta Tau Alpha, and Delta Phi Epsilon. Loved it. We rush in the spring so I'm getting myself together this fall. My mom does not like the idea at all. She doesn't see me in one and has the typical stereotype in her head. But everyone is so nice and all of the sisters seem to have such a great bond together. so. cute. I love close friendships. Love the little things. Don't want to brag BUT I've got the best friends in the world. (shoutout!) I haven't been friends with most of them for a long time but sometimes you just click, and I know they'll always be there. Love them so much.
It always amazes me how things just...change. Take high school for example. Going into my freshman year I was so quite and shy. Focused on school and did the same thing everyday. School, practice, homework. That's it. Three years went by just like that and before I knew it it was senior year. Then I met the greatest people ever. I really could go on about them forever. But I'll just say this. Things changed. All of a sudden I learned how to live again, started to break out of that shell. And I can't imagine my life without them. <3
Friends just came on. FAVORITE. I'm so obsessed it's not even real. I literally watch it almost every night. I want my life to be like Friends when I grow up. Living with your best friends and just going through everyday life. By now, everyone that I watch it with knows to clap at the beginning. It seems really silly but ya gotta love it.
I'm starting to get some grades back now. Got my first math test back today. 80. YEEEES. A great improvement from my grades last year. Feelin great today. My sister, Laura, is coming to visit this weekend and we are going to have a tiiiiime. So excited. On the list of things to do: get the best warm cinnamon sugar doughnuts and caramel apples you will ever eat at Terhune Orchards, take a trip to Princeton and act all preppy, and a crew party tonight. Not on the team but still invited, I seriously love that team. It's going to be great. gamesgamesgames.
One thing I also think I'm going to do is post art that I've done. Love painting and drawing. And I absolutely love quotes and the beach and pictures and corny things like that. Expect those too. So here's the first one:
I love it because its chaotic and colorful and I just look at it and want to go have fun.
Alright, so I've got to go get ready for a lovely visit from my mom and Laura. Talked long enough, and I need to look nice because we're going out to dinner. I am starrrrrving. No cafeteria food tonight. BONUS - leftovers. #college
So, that's life.
No comments:
Post a Comment